John is a trusted business advisor and litigator who is a widely recognized authority on practice in the New York State courts, and, in particular, the Commercial Division. His practice focuses on representing buy-side clients in securities and structured finance-related disputes and of both plaintiffs and defendants in technology, biotech/pharmaceutical and other complex commercial disputes.
As the former Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Litigation and a member of the New York City Bar Association’s Council on Judicial Administration, John is a frequent speaker and panelist on various topics relating to New York state courts.
From 1974 to 1994, John served in the United States Army as an enlisted person, noncommissioned officer and commissioned officer, retiring with the rank of Major.
From 1997 to 1998, John clerked for the Honorable John T. Noonan, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. After his clerkship, John was associated with Cravath, Swaine & Moore and, later, was an associate and partner at Schlam Stone & Dolan LLP.
- B.S. Cameron University 1984
- J.D. Columbia University 1997
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York